Our household cleaning products and the benefits they provide your customers and the environment
The emergence of pathologies stemming from exposure to chemicals in our day-to-day lives, and the increase in environmental awareness among consumers – especially when it comes to keeping the world’s waters clean and free from plastics – are just two motivating factors driving sales of “green” household cleaning products worldwide. But why is it so important to use environmentally-friendly products when cleaning our homes? And what has led Organic Boosting to join forces with veteran eco-friendly companies to offer these products in our Automated Export Platform? Those are just two of the questions we’ll answer in this blog post.
Why is it important that we change our consumption habits?
The World Health Organization (WHO) has stated: “Inadequate management of urban, industrial, and agricultural wastewater means the drinking-water of hundreds of millions of people is dangerously contaminated or chemically polluted.”
According to a new report by UNICEF and the WHO, billions of people around the world still lack access to water, sanitation and hygiene. Some 2.2 billion people lack safely managed water-drinking facilities, 4.2 billion lack safely managed sanitation services, and 3 billion lack basic handwashing facilities.
Meanwhile, Greenpeace has used the slogan “Your consumption changes everything” to highlight the importance of transforming consumption habits to look after the health of the human species – as well as that of the planet – while conserving the natural resources that are so vital to us.
Only 2% of all the water on this blue planet of ours is drinkable, and much of that 2% is contaminated, even in subterranean aquifers.
The fact is that it all ends up in the oceans… Fertilizers and pesticides from the irrigation of conventional agriculture, sewage loaded with medicines metabolized by our bodies, pollution that reaches the subsoil and groundwater, industrial discharges, plus all the dirty and detergent-filled water from our washing machines and dishwashers.
Although taxes are collected for the purposes of water sanitation, the water filtration and purification systems used in first world countries are not capable of eliminating a large part of these contaminants; many – like some medicines and endocrine disruptors – are so small that they slip through the filters of the contamination plants. This helps explain why so many consumers are taking on the social responsibility of using eco-friendly products to protect the planet and future generations.
What makes Organic Boosting’s household cleaning products high quality?
The eco-labels that environmentally-friendly cleaning products are labelled with guarantee that the products are not harmful to aquatic life of any kind. EcoGarantie and Ecocert Natural are two of the most highly-respected certification bodies for eco-labels.
As well as bearing the Ecocert Natural seal, the products we offer at Organic Boosting go even further:
- None of our household or garment-cleaning products contain any synthetic ingredients (Ecocert Natural permits up to 5%).
- The final products biodegrade much faster than is required by Ecocert and do not use any dyes.
- The products use no enzymes or enzyme co-formulants, most of which are synthetically modified.
- The quality and formulation of the laundry products makes the use of fabric softener unnecessary. (Ecocert includes fabric softeners in the scope of its criteria for detergent products.)
- According to privately conducted analyses, even wastewater can be used as irrigation water. The fact that most of our products do not require safety pictograms on their labeling is a sign of the sustainability of the formulas of these products.
- Guidelines stipulate that for a product to be considered biodegradable, it must have 60% biodegradability after 28 days. The eco-friendly household cleaning products we sell in Organic Boosting go further, with rates of 99% biodegradability before the tenth day of testing. Great news for the environment!
- We offer high-quality recyclable products to encourage responsible consumption. Once the packaging’s useful life is over, it must be of sufficiently high quality that it can be used to generate new packaging.
- Organic Boosting provides 100% reusable products and you can also buy in bulk.
What are the formulas of the cleaning products we offer at Organic Boosting?
Our formulas contain 0% of the following:
- Active substances of animal or petrochemical origin, ethoxylated surfactants, enzymes (lipase, protease, amylase, mannanase), boric acid and/or co-formulating derivatives, phosphonates, syndets, chlorinated derivatives or any ingredient classified as a endocrine disruptor.
- Solvents such as isopropyl alcohol, alcohol with non-natural denaturing agents such as bitrex, methyl ethyl ketone (MEK), and non-RSPO palm oil derivatives.
- Additives such as fragrances, colorants, dyes and preservatives of chemical origin such as BHT, BHA, isothiazolinones (kathon), phenoxyethanol, sorbates, and benzoates.
- Modifiers: phthalates, synthetic bleaching agents such as disodium disulfonate, EDTA, NTA, phosphonates, carboxylates, parabens, ethanolamines (MEA, DEA, TEA), GMO derivatives, gums, polymers, and nanomaterials.
What kinds of products do we offer at Organic Boosting?
In our Automated Platform for Organic Products you’ll find a wide range of products in our “Home Cleaning” section: coconut oil soap for delicate garments and babies; polish; dishwasher salt; dishwasher tablets; glass cleaner; multipurpose floor cleaner; detergent with natural soap; stain-remover soap; stain-remover bleach; and many more top-quality eco-friendly products. In short, everything your customers need to keep their homes free from dirt and toxins.
You might also be interested in knowing more about the many advantages our platform affords. If you’d like to view our complete catalog of eco-friendly home cleaning products, or find out which are the most successful products in the organic/eco-friendly sector, don’t hesitate to send us an email to [email protected].