What leads people from different parts of the world to embrace foodstuffs that are free from animal cruelty, like organic meat and charcuterie, and halal produce? What such people tend to have in common is that they place a high value on life, on our planet and the food that it provides, and they share a desire to live with gratitude for all that nature gives us. But what exactly are the differences between conventional meat and organic meat? What are halal products? And why are increasing numbers of non-Muslims opting for halal products? In this post we will answer all these questions and more, and we’ll also tell you about our catalog of organic meat and charcuterie and halal meat and charcuterie!
What are the differences between organic meat and conventional meat?
In European regulations, organic certification is based on specific crop and livestock management practices aimed at avoiding causing stress to animals and promoting their growth in semi-freedom.
This type of farming allows animals to grow at their natural rate and in suitable living conditions. The animals are not handled intensively to achieve greater production. The feeding of the animals is based on natural pastures, milk – preferably from their own mother – and organic feed and forage, without pesticides, fertilizers, or genetically modified products. In addition, if the animal becomes ill, homeopathic treatments are used, as opposed to hormones or medications that may have adverse effects on the animal’s health. In addition, the slaughterhouse and butcher must also pass health controls.
If you’d like to know more about the benefits of organic meat, you can find out more in our blogpost, “Everything you don’t know about organic meat and its benefits”.
What does the term “halal” mean?
It’s worth noting that halal extends far beyond the food sector: it also includes tourism, banking and finance, pharmaceuticals, fashion, and cosmetics.
According to the Halal Institute of Spain and Mexico, today’s Muslims understand the term “halal” as “a lifestyle, a global concept that influences and affects everyday issues, such as food, hygiene, health, economy, fashion, commerce and tourism.”
When it comes specifically to food, halal foodstuffs are those that are not classified as haram by Sharia law – the Islamic religion that includes all of Allah’s commandments regarding proper human conduct. Haram foods include pork, improperly slaughtered animals, ethanol and other toxins, carnivorous animals, blood, food that is contaminated with any of the above, and so on.
What are the characteristics of halal meat?
- Halal foods obey certain religious predications established in the Qur’an. The life of an animal should only be taken in the name of God.
- Animals should be fed naturally and allowed to live and graze freely. They should not be given artificial hormones for their growth, nor animal or blood protein as these could have come from pigs (not halal). And they should never be treated with antibiotics.
- The diet of animals to be slaughtered must be strictly vegetarian and natural.
- Animals should only be sacrificed in a way that avoids their suffering. Any animal that has been strangled, beaten to death, killed by a fall, gored or attacked by another animal (unless it has been properly killed why still alive) is not permitted.
- Marinades from halal butchers must be homemade.
- Pork meat, blood, and carrion are not allowed.
What types of products do we offer at Organic Boosting?
In our Automated Platform for the Export of Organic Products you’ll have access to an extensive catalog that is constantly being expanded and renewed, saving you time and money. In terms of organic meat produce, we offer turkey, chicken, cow, veal and foal. You can also find a wide range of organic charcuterie products, such as chorizo, fuet, ham, sausage, as well as a wide variety of organic pâtés.
In our halal meat and charcuterie section you can find turkey, cow, veal and lamb.
We also offer many vegan products for those who wish to reduce or eliminate animal produce from their diet.
Why does our team spend so much time on research?
Here at Organic Boosting, we understand that the world is constantly evolving. We work hard to keep up to date with global trends and with the everchanging needs of health conscious and environmentally aware consumers. We understand that knowing your customers makes it easier to satisfy their needs, while strengthening their loyalty to your brand and their trust in your products.
What are the advantages of working with Organic Boosting?
- All-in-one service
- Save time and money
- Automated digital purchasing system
- Minimize export errors
- Customized organization and construction of pallets
- Pallet and container efficiency
- Ease of customer clearance
- Extensive and constantly updated catalog
- Over 25 categories, including more than 80 brands and 1,200 organic products.
- All your information organized and easily accessible
- Free of charge
- Labelling in any language
If you’d like to find out more about the advantages of working with us, click here. Or, if you’d prefer more personalized attention, don’t hesitate to send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to help.